Friday, October 8, 2010

Vegas Ideas..

Yep. I find inspiration everywhere. I'm always on the lookout for something, anything, that looks good in structure. When I'm in a city I'm always at the ready to shoot a pic of something architecturally worthy. There is a reason they call Las Vegas the 'Architects Playground'. I didn't have alot of time to look around, but almost everywhere we went, I saw something I could incorporate into the new showroom. Here's some of my favorites.



This is a recycled lumber wall.  Not like this is super original or anything.  What made this stand out was the environment it was in.  This is in the new Aria Hotel.  Super Futuristic and modern, with this rustic wall right in the middle of it.  Love the contrast.
Then there is this magnificent structure in the middle of the shopping mall.  This is a restaurant.  Al made of wood engineered beams.  It is gigantic.  See that little spec of spec at the bottom left hand side?  That's a woman.  I stared at this thing in awe for an extended period of time.  Can you say Holy Boat building Batman?

Then of course, the over the top stuff you can only get away with in Vegas.  Like this ceiling, in the carport of all places in Cesaers Palace.  It hurt my head looking at this hungover after a long night, but there is one thing for certain, somebody spent an awful lot of time painting that ceiling.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, how are you? i found your blog have good information and i will back for another update from you.

    Cheers
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete