Friday, December 24, 2010

Mantel Season

Mantel Season is in full swing.  We do more than alot of mantels a year, and the end of the year is always the busiest.  Why? Everyone wants a mantel for the holidays.  It's understandable, where do you hang your stockings for Santa unless you have a mantel.  For the first time I had three projects in the spray booth at once, that's how busy we have been.  I feel very blessed to be this busy in this economy.  Here's a shot in side my booth of just a few weeks ago, two doors, two mantels, one spray booth.  Its a good problem to have.


I've had quite a few people emailing asking questions about finishing.  What equipment I use, what I thin the material with and all that.  I've decided to do a piece on finishing.  I'll post it up here when it's done so keep a look out for that.  It may also make it's way to the HGRadio website or my good friend Gary Katz's awesome webzine, ThisIsCarpentry, maybe all of the above.  Wherever it lands, I'll be sure to keep you guys informed of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment