Friday, May 13, 2011

Oak Mantle Shelf

I have a feeling Oak is experiencing a resurgence in popularity.  Fallen from favor of designers and architects for more than a decade due to extensive overuse in the 80's, you just can't deny the timeless classic American hardwood.  It's cheap, readily available, and hard as a rock.  I'm liking Oak again.  Here's a Craftsman-ish mantel I did that is basically an economical version of my popuilar mission mantel shelf.
The above shot shows the shape real well, below is it mounted up on the customers wall with the clavos on.  I like this one so much I decided it needs to be built as a display.

This would probably look better with corbels under it, but it adds to the cost.  I think the display unit will get corbels though.  It just finishes off the look.   

No comments:

Post a Comment